MSN: Master of Science in Nursing Degree Programs
A Master of Science in nursing (MSN) degree is the entry-level degree for advance practice registered nurses (APRNs) like nurse practitioners (NPs), as well as nurse educators, administrators, managers, and clinical leaders. While many schools offer this graduate-level degree as a general nursing program, this degree is increasingly becoming more specialized, with the program focusing on different areas of concentration, including acute care, administration, clinical nursing, education, family health, infection control, informatics, innovation, leadership, management, midwifery & women’s health, psychiatric & mental health, and more.
Dual Degree MSN Programs
- MBA and MS in Nursing from Grand Canyon University
- MBA & MSN: Leadership from Grand Canyon University
General MSN Degree Programs & MSN Bridge Programs
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing from American Sentinel University
- Master of Science in Nursing from Chamberlain College of Nursing
- RN to BSN to MSN from Drexel University Online
- MS in Nursing from Kaplan University
- MSN Bridge Program from Loyola University New Orleans Online
- MS in Nursing from Spring Arbor University
- Master of Science in Nursing from University of Phoenix
- MSN: Clinical Trials Research from Drexel University Online
- MSN: Clinical Nurse Leader from Sacred Heart University
- RN to MSN: Clinical Nurse Leadership from Sacred Heart University
- MSN: Clinical Nurse from University of Cincinnati
- MSN: Midwifery/Women’s Health from Georgetown University
- MS in Midwifery from Philadelphia University
- MSN: Nurse Midwifery from University of Cincinnati
- MSN: Women’s Health Practition from University of Cincinnati
- MSN: Nurse Administrator from Kaplan University
- MSN: Nursing Administration from Norwich University
- MSN: Patient Care Services Admin from Sacred Heart University
- RN to MSN: Patient Care Services Administration from Sacred Heart University
- MSN: Nurse Admin from University of Cincinnati
- MSN: Health Administration from University of Phoenix
- MSN: Nursing Education from American Sentinel University
- MSN: Nurse Educator from Capella University
- MSN: Nurse Educator Bridge from Capella University
- MSN: Nurse Educator from Graceland University
- MSN: Nurse Educator from Kaplan University
- MSN: Nursing Educator from Norwich University
- MSN: Nursing Education from Sacred Heart University
- RN to MSN: Nursing Education from Sacred Heart University
- MSN: Healthcare Education from University of Phoenix
- MSN: Education from Western Governors University
- MSN: Education (RN to MSN) from Western Governors University
- MSN: Organizational Leadership from American Sentinel University
- MS in Nursing Leadership from Grand Canyon University
- MSN: Clinical Leadership from Saint Xavier University
- MSN: Executive Leadership from Saint Xavier University
- MSN: Case Management from American Sentinel University
- MSN: Leadership System Management from Drexel University Online
- MSN: Health Care Mgmt from Loyola University New Orleans Online
- MSN: Leadership & Management (RN to MSN) from Western Governors University
- MSN: Leadership and Management from Western Governors University
- MSN: Nursing Informatics from American Sentinel University
- MSN: Nurse Informatics from Kaplan University
- MSN: Informatics from University of Phoenix
There are no programs currently available.
Top Masters in Nursing Schools
A master’s degree in nursing can be the first step to becoming a nurse practitioner, nurse educator, or clinical nurse leader (CNL). Several accredited online MSN programs are listed below. Fill out any school’s form to quickly receive additional information and application materials.
|MS in Family Nursing MS in Women’s Health||
Georgetown University – Georgetown University has been educating nurses and helping improve healthcare since 1903. The programs are designed to help the next generation of nursing leaders with majors available in: Family Nurse Practitioner and Midwifery/Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner.
|MSN: Nurse Educator||
Capella University – This masters in nursing program is designed specifically for nurses who wish to enter the teaching profession as nurse educators. With practical applications and engaging assignments, student can accomplish the assets required to be successful in leadership and educational positions with in the nursing industry. The Nurse Educator degree curriculum is centered around the industry’s best practices and standards and is constantly updated to reflect the latest developments.
|RN to MS in Nursing MSN: Informatics MSN: Health Education||
Kaplan University – Kaplan University offers a number of RN to MSN degrees for those seeking career advancement. Each program allows students to focus their curriculum on their particular career interest. In addition to the general program, specializations are also offered in informatics and health education.
|MSN: Clinical Leader MSN: Nursing Education MSN: Patient Services Admin RN to MSN: Clinical Leader RN to MSN: Nursing Edu. RN to MSN: Patient Services||
Sacred Heart University – Sacred Heart University offers accredited BSN to MSN and RN to MSN programs that prepare students for leadership or specialized positions, including clinical nurse leadership (RN to MSN option), nursing education (RN to MSN option), and patient care services administration (RN to MSN option).
|MSN: Mgmt & Org Leadership MSN: Infection Prevention MSN: Case Management MSN: Informatics||
American Sentinel University – American Sentinel University offers a wide variety of accredited online masters in nursing degrees, each with a specific focus designed to teach MSN students the exact skills they need for their particular career focus. By specializing in Management and Organizational Leadership, Infection Prevention, Case Management, or Nurse Informatics through online courses as opposed to campus programs, students can complete assignments at a time and place that is convenient.
|Master’s In Nursing MSN Health Administration MSN Health Education MSN Informatics||
University of Phoenix – University of Phoenix offers a number of online master’s in nursing programs. Their general MSN degree program gives students a well-rounded master’s in nursing education, while more specific degrees are available in health administration, health education, and nursing informatics.
Drexel University – The Masters in Nursing Leadership program from Drexel is designed for students who want to take leadership positions in the health community, and involves leadership training and learning the skills needed to manage other nurses. Drexel University provides an affordable option through online courses which can cut down on many of the cost associated with on-ground programs. DU offers a Masters of Science in Nurse Leadership.
|Masters in Nursing Education||
Grand Canyon University – Grand Canyon University’s online masters in nursing programs focus on becoming a leader and an educator respectively. These accredited degrees are offered via a fully online curriculum. The Masters in Nursing Leadership prepares RNs for roles as leaders in a variety healthcare settings; the Masters in Nursing Education prepares RNs for teaching positions within the nursing profession.
|RN to MSN: Educator MSN: Nurse Educator MSN: Health Leadership||
Gonzaga University – Gonzaga University offers a wide range of Masters in Nursing degrees, allowing students to fulfill high level roles and leadership roles in Nursing. These MSN degrees, whose options include nursing education (MSN), nursing education (RN to MSN) and health systems leadership, can be completed at a relatively fast pace and provide more convenience to students with busy or inconsistent schedules.
|MSN: Nurse Educator||
Benedictine University – Benedictine University offers a fully online masters in nursing degree. This accredited program includes focuses on leadership, education, administration, global healthcare among other topics. With this versatile degree, students can choose from several opportunities as they present themselves. BU has campus and online courses available for their MSN program. The online course can be completed at a pace that is comfortable to you.