Scholarships and Financial Aid: Military tuition assistance and institutional scholarships awarded to those who qualify by the University
Accreditation: Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Sacred Heart University MSN Programs at a Glance: Sacred Heart University offers a wide range of MSN degrees that prepare students for clinical and administrative roles in the healthcare arena. Programs are designed to accommodate nurses who are currently working full-time or students who wish to accelerate their progress towards a master’s degree. Students have the option of combining their BSN and MSN studies through the online RN to MSN program.
Online MSN Degree Programs offered:
- MSN Clinical Nurse Leader – The Clinical Nurse Leader specialization focuses on the skills and knowledge needed to fulfill this new and evolving role, such as evaluating patient outcomes, assessing risk, and coordinating with other health care professionals to ensure high quality care.
- MSN Nursing Education – The Nursing Education specialization is designed to complement your clinical experience with skills in teaching and learning. The curriculum is designed to provide you with an understanding of issues in nursing education, application of curriculum design and evaluation theory, and experience in the role of the faculty.
- MSN Family Nurse Practitioner – Coursework in the Family Nurse Practitioner specialization prepares nurses for an advanced practice role that focuses providing primary care to patients of all ages. Students learn to perform physical examinations and health assessments to diagnose and treat common diseases and injuries.
- MSN Nursing Management and Executive Leadership – The Nursing Management & Executive Leadership specialization is designed to prepare you for nursing leadership positions involving administrative responsibility. You’ll learn how to use business and information management, integration of finances, and program evaluation as tools to provide effective and efficient care.
- RN to BSN to MSN Clinical Nurse Leader – The Sacred Heart online combined bachelor’s and master’s of nursing program was specifically designed to help working nurses go from RN-BSN-MSN in one continuous course of study. Our mission is to train top tier clinicians in evidence-based practice.
Online DNP Degree Programs offered:
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) – Graduates of this program are prepared to transform, practice, lead and engage in practical, clinically focused scholarship and research.